Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hazel - 3 months and the history behind her name

Every now and then I am asked the question, "Where did you get her name?" Up until now, I have always just told people that we "just liked it." But little did I know, Hazel is a family name.
As I was visiting my hometown this past month, my dad, nonchalantly told me the history behind Hazel's beautiful name. He informed me that growing up, Hazel was their best milking cow. A COW!

My daughter is named after the family cow.

Sorry Hazel, that little history lesson is going to come back to bite you numerous times throughout your life.

The question still remains...why didn't my dad say anything when he knew what I was going to name her before she was born?
Cooing, smiling, trying to roll over, sleeps up to 7 hours, calm, loves her mama the most.

No comments: