Saturday, November 8, 2008

How is Texaco still in business?

First off...can I get a hallelujah for the falling gas prices? Remember this post just three months ago?
I spent $40 yesterday and got 3/4 of a tank. It's about stinkin' time.

Second of all. I cannot get over the following issue right now. Seriously, what the h$%#?

This is Safeway here...


500 ft down the road is Texaco...


My biggest question is why were there 2 cars filling up at Texaco when I took this picture? What? Can someone please explain this to me? Additives you say? That cheap gas will ruin your engine you say? How many of us own cars until they die anyway? We all usually sell them before the "bad gas" has a chance to ruin our engines anyway...if there is such a thing.

You don't even need a Safeway card to fill up but if you have one of their free cards, you save even more no matter if you shop there or not. 3 cents per gallon at least.

I for one, love to pay 60 cents more for my gas. That makes perfect sense. If I find out that any of you are filling up at Texaco, I cannot be your friend anymore.

4 comments:

Zappe Family said...

My husband always fills up his car at Chevron. He'll find the cheapest Chevron, but he insists that the fuel at Safeway, Costco, Fred Meyer, etc. isn't the best fuel, that it has additives to it that might ruin the engine. Whenever I fill the cars though...I usually do Safeway or Costco.

Wendy said...

And how about that pit stop on the hill on the way to Covington? Last time I looked it was still over $3.00/gal. Why would anyone stop there?????

Danielle Weathers said...

So true! Pretty much every time I drive by that Texaco I think the same thing. Why would somebody fill up their car there? Crazy!

Athack77 said...

Ah, one of the true mysteries of human behavior...what motivates some and not others. Don't you just love our capital system? I just filled up for $2.11 yesterday and was thrilled. I just want to know when the cost of food will go back down.