Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (a.k.a Ballard Locks)



It was time to meet up with an old friend from high school (Megan E and her little boy) since school was out this weekend and we decided to experience the Chittenden Locks outside of Seattle today. The weatherman promised a heat wave of 53 degrees so we got out our sunblock and headed to the water. It was a little chilly, I won't lie, but with a picnic, some running around on the planks, watching boats pass through, and bubbles, we had a pretty swell time.

The following picture captures exactly how it really was...two kids saying "thank you pretty mommy for our most wonderful bubbles that you surprised us with even though we are butts sometimes," and one super grumpy three year old that thinks everything in life is just to make her miserable.

On the way back, I was SHOCKED to drive by a street with a very familiar name. Thackeray is my maiden name. I had Eden (my amateur photographer) snap this shot for me. I think if there was a street in Maple Valley named that, I would make it priority to live on it. That and toothbrush...I have always thought living on Toothbrush Lane would be pretty funny.

2 comments:

April said...

That picture of you and the kids is SUCH a good pic!! We usually have kids looking 2 different directions and me turning to tell them to look at the camera. :o)

BTW, I saw you added our Watkins site to your list, I feel so special. I must say since that is our family blog that Spencer wanted, it rarely gets updated (obviously), but mine gets updated more often. :o) See ya Sunday!!

Wendy said...

I love the locks. When they're busy, I could watch them for hours.