Sunday, June 20, 2010

Strawberry Picking is Where It's At!!

Opening day at Harvold Farms was calling my name this year. Our favorite place to pick berries
(3 years running) is open for business in Carnation, WA. I was unsure if their first crop of berries would be worth the 45 minute drive but I was extremely happy with the sweetness and size of these monsters.

I initially thought this would just be a great little activity for my bored kids and we would pick enough to eat for the day. As soon as we got started it only took us 45 minutes to pick 24 pounds of strawberries.

I wasn't planning on freezing more strawberries this year since I took advantage of our local produce stand's 79¢ strawberries awhile back but these were awesome!! $1 per pound and a great family activity.

The kids ran wild and picked happily. I picked about 18 of those 24 pounds but it was really, really fun....really!

I recommend an overcast day since you are in the open fields.

I never left my 10 foot radius there were that many strawberries!

We had tons of space to yell and run and enjoy the beauty of this summer activity. Bring a stool to sit on, it will save your back.

They even provide the cardboard boxes and carriers for free. I did let the kids each bring their own bucket so that there would be no fighting (mom's know).

So much fun!! But....their raspberries are my favorite!!
Big, no thorns, no bugs, sweet and you get to stand up to pick!!!!

Strawberry U-pick started Friday, June 18

$1 per pound

Open every day 8 to 8

Containers provided

Raspberries are after July 4

Harvold Berry Farm

425-333-4185

32325 NE 55th St
Carnation, WA 98014

1 comment:

Jess said...

That does sound fun. Maybe you wouldn't mind going again when mom, Jace, and I come :)