August 15, 2011
Since 2011 was a year of 5k's for me, I really wanted to incorporate a family 5k into our vacation. All of my siblings are into exercise in one way or another and so I knew they were capable of taking on this challenge. We had shirts printed up just for the occasion and even though it wasn't planned, only my 6 siblings, my mom and I participated. (no in-laws joining us) As I look back on the pictures, I cherish that the 7 of us got to do this together. My dad was the official photographer and time recorder.
Jace, Kyle, Mom, Jannalee, Jessica, Katelyn, Me, Chad
We started with a little stretching at 7am. Some of us, ahem, didn't need "to do no stupid stretches."
On the mark of ready, set, go, we were off! Except one of us, ahem, "I don't do no stupid running."
The "ahem" culprit.
Oh, there he is again taking a nice stroll in the background with a nice view of my mother's bum in the distance.
Two of us saying our hellos to the paparazzi.
Katelyn leaving the fog in the dust.
Chad smokin' us all. Dang those long legs.
This is Jannalee coming round the bend just 1 second ahead of Jace. That last hill was a DOOZIE!!
Ahem guy pulling out his first jog of the entire journey. Feet before the finish line, he sprints for the camera.
Post race photo. I am not sure what got into me but I was there to flex for some reason. I think Jace was about to pass out.
The results.
What a kick it was to run with my family. We have never organized anything like that before and although every one of them will tell you it was torture, I think they really mean "treasure."
1 comment:
Rachel, I love this! What a wonderful idea. You look fabulous :)
Post a Comment