2010 2012
2010 2012
Decided to recreate Mother's Day two years ago when I was expecting (surprise surprise) Tatum. The kids are growing so fast and so is my number of them.
I had a glorious Mother's Day filled surrounded by my favorite people in the whole world.
Although the picture is mostly to document the little treasures made my loving child hands, I want you to take notice of the yellow box sitting ever so coy on the left.
My story:
As I was perusing facebook two days ago, I came across a most interesting post made by Wheat Thins. A few months ago, I had "liked" them in order to get a silly $1/1 coupon and therefore was privy to their fascinating daily rants. For their Mother's Day post it read,
"Mother’s Day is this weekend! Nothing says, “Hey, thanks for giving birth to me, Mom” like a box of her favorite Wheat Thins."
I was instantly ready to throw one of my finest teacups at the computer screen at this ridiculous idea but instead I wrote them this friendly comment and felt much better for sticking it to the man.
"That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. I have 5 children and a box of wheat thins is an insult for my pain during labor and delivery."
Then I promptly "unliked" them.
I felt much better after that.
And then Rob bought me a box just to drive a point home that facebook is of the boastful devil.
(There is a direct correlation.)
Want to see a picture of the hairy beast who rubbed a little salt in that wheat thins/child birth wound?
Yep, that guy. But he totally redeemed himself with a batch of Belgian Waffles.
and then kissed up to me with a vat of creamy mashed potatoes, garlic chicken and corn on the cob...
The roses were a nice touch...
and the 2-ingredient sherbet was the final forgiveness clencher.
He sure knows how to apologize...and make the mother of his 5 amazing children, feel appreciated.
(a 2-liter of soda and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. Combine in the ice cream maker until frozen. Approx. 45 minutes. We used Orange Fanta and it was enough to put a diabetic in his grave but it was simple and fun.)
No comments:
Post a Comment