Tuesday, August 5, 2008

All Fixed and now Feverish

I caved! I ran to the hair salon and $15 later she has an extremely overpriced edging. She looks the same but I have peace of mind that it won't catch someone's eye and warrant a disguisting look. She was not happy with me through the haircutting and true to Atwood nature, the only way she could be consoled was with candy. That is a good habit are kids are getting into. When you feel down and picked on, reach for food.

Later I was upstairs taking care of laundry and when I came down I found this.


Now, I want you to know that in our house, this occurs about every 500 years. My children NEVER fall asleep anywhere except for their beds. So, I was a little alarmed to find her sprawled out in our living room. We have cleared it out so we can have the carpets cleaned and apparently it was pretty inviting. My suspicisions were answered when she woke up smokin' hot and irritable. Sure enough, Olivia is the last of my kids to conduct an experiment on fevers. I forced some ibuprofen down her throat and a 3 minutes later with a cup of ice, she was as good as new. THANK GOODNESS FOR MEDICATION!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAhaa.. i think most women think they can do hair. I worked at a hair salon as a receptionist for two years so i'm convinced i know what i'm doing. If you read my blog about my hair..... clearly i don't. But i promise in a few years i'll forget... and do it all over again.
- Ashley Clark
http://teamclark.wordpress.com

Danielle Weathers said...

Your blog is so fun to read. You really have a way with words! I've only tried to cut hair once. It was my husbands and ended in disaster. Glad the meds kicked in for your little girl. Gotta love ibuprofen!