Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blueberry Bliss (say that 5 times fast)

Another berry picking adventure under our belt and once again, the kids are at just the right age to eat it up and eat all the berries at the same time. Rob wasn't able to join us this time but I am not sure he would have considering he likens blueberries to the consistency of biting into a black widow spider. What? I don't know...ask him.

I hate to say it but until now, I had no idea what a blueberry bush looked like. They were right at picking level and no thorns. This particular berry farm, Bybee-Nims Farms is located at the base of Mount Si in North Bend, Washington. It was breath-taking.
After an hour, we were only able to pick 4 1/2 pounds but that number is probably in the teens if you count what was in the kids' bellies. The berries were SSSOOOO good!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I need to get out there and do some pickin'. Love those little blue orbs of deliciousness!

I vote to keep the recipe of the week! One suggestion though, I would like to be able to find the previous ones later and not have them disappear forever.

Ronda said...

I haven't done any canning or freezing this year at all! I am so bummed that I missed it all. I guess maybe I can still do some. Love how your kids look so proud of their berries. I also vote for you to keep the recipe of the week. I love it. Like Wendy, I would like it if you had them where we could go back and find them again. Check out how my sister does hers at Creating Post it Notes. Her blog is totally recipes though, but I love it. She's such a good cook. She even had her own bakery! You can get there from my blog.