Monday, June 9, 2008

Olivia's got the Feeva!

Well, Sunday started off without a hitch as the four of us (sans Rob) headed off to church in good spirits. About 20 minutes into the meeting, Olivia's forehead touched my cheek and I was instantly alarmed. Within 10 more minutes, she noticable went down hill at an alarming rate. Her eyes got droopy, she was clingy and she started to stagger and wimper. Right in the middle of the first speaker, I loaded up the church bag and the two older kids followed me out as I carried Olivia. We went straight home and I layed down with Olivia. She was sawing logs within 2 minutes in my arms. We have kept her on Ibuprofen every 4 hours and she is a little tipsy today but still just as hot. Poor Olivia! She fell asleep last night in the bean bag, clutching the postcard of San Diego that Rob brought home for her.

Earlier, the kids and I mixed up a batch of sugar cookies so that when Rob got home, we could roll them and cut them together. Now, before you think I am super mom by letting my children help me in the kitchen, let's get the facts straight. I dislike having my kids help me in the kitchen. I just want to get the job done in a efficient and quick manner but for some reason, I was feeling generous. They did a good job and I found it to be a wonderful family activity once in awhile. They have to learn sometime right?


Rob came home from San Diego in good spirits. We are so glad he is home. He even brought me home a bag of Ghiradelli chocolates. Yea for me!

1 comment:

Athack77 said...

I hope Olivia feels better soon. Congrats on the chocolate's and kids helping you with the cookies, I have to be ain a really, really good mood to invite the kids in so they can deystroy it. You're a much better mom than me!!